Mandelbulber is an experimental application that helps to make rendering 3D Mandelbrot fractals much more accessible. A few of the supported 3D fractals: Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, Quaternion, Trigonometric, Hypercomplex, and Iterated Function Systems (IFS). All of these can be combined into infinite variations with the ability to hybridize different formulas together.
- 3D Navigator with tools to see how close the camera is to the fractal surface.
- Complex 3D shading: hard shadows, 3 modes of ambient occlusion, depth of field, reflections, fog, glow, primitive objects, and water.
- Lights can be manually or randomly placed. Volumetric lighting available.
- Camera animation: Keyframe and mouse controlled flight.
- Keyframe animation of all parameters.
- Camera lenses: three-point projection, fisheye, and equirectangular projection.
- Distance estimation algorithm to reduce render times and artifacts of ray marching.
- Low memory mode to render images larger than 16,000 x 16,000 pixels.
- OpenCL support in progress